Best Sanibel Golf Course
PGA-Rated Sanibel Golf Course
Enjoy the extraordinary offerings of The Dunes Golf & Tennis Club. Experience the lush tropical links and stunning back nine at our alluring Sanibel golf course, a wildlife preserve sanctioned by the Audubon Cooperative Society. Hone your game on the unique aqua driving range. Enjoy breathtaking views and superb conditions for premier Sanibel golf while challenging your skill on perfectly manicured greens.
- Tee Times: Daily 7:30am – 3:00pm (Off Season), 7:00am – 5:00pm (Season)
- Open to our members, resort guests and the public daily.
- Full-service Pro Shop.
- 18-holes of championship golf.
- Nestled within a wildlife preserve.
- Masterfully designed by 10-time PGA Tour winner Mark McCumber.
- Perfectly contoured fairways and greens.
- Challenges golfers of all levels.
- Professional golf tournaments and events.
- Meticulously maintained practice greens.
- The only practice range on Sanibel or Captiva Island.
P.G.A.-The Three Key Pre-Swing Fundamentals of Golf
Chris Shaul, PGA
I like to keep golf simple. Get a routine and stick with it. This easy pre-shot routine has always served me well. It encompasses everything PGA Professionals like me stand for, literally. Here is a simple technique to try the next time you are here at The Dunes hitting practice balls:
- Posture: Stand tall and athletic like you are about to guard someone in basketball. Bend at the hips so that your sternum goes down and your seat goes out until your arms hang naturally. Unlock your knees and you are ready for the next step.
- Grip: Put your right index finger into the palm of your left hand and wrap the fingers of your left hand around it. Try to pull the finger out. Comes right out, doesn't it? Now, put your right index finger into the fingers of your left hand and wrap the fingers of your left hand around it. Try to pull your finger out now. You will pull your finger out of the socket before that finger will come out. Tells us that our fingers are strong and our palms are very weak. Let's get the grip on your club into the fingers of both hands.
- Alignment: Set a club on the ground aimed at where you want your ball to go. Take a second club and put it parallel to the first club about 1 foot apart. Pick up the first club and you have an aiming club. Align your clubface, feet, knees, hips and shoulders at 90 degree angles to the aiming club and you are now aimed at your target. Now you can judge you practice shots and analyze the errors. If the ball goes left it is probably the clubface is closed at impact or the path of the club is outside to inside. If the ball goes right of target the face is either open at impact or the path of the club was outside to inside.
With just a little practice, this technique will have you in control of your golf ball and playing
like the pros in no time!
Click here for more about our Facilities for Sanibel Island Tennis.
The Perfect Course For Unforgettable Sanibel Golf
Indulge in championship level play at The Dunes - an elite Sanibel golf course and tennis club, offering relaxing amenities and delicious cuisine in a truly striking locale.